Because democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League's goal is to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE FALL OPENING LUNCHEON, SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 27th, NOON-3PM AT THE NATIONAL PRESS CLUB. Download a flyer to pay by check OR click on the link below to pay with a credit card or PayPal.
Read our most recent newsletter
Use Credit Card or PayPal to Reserve your Place at our Fall Luncheon September 27th Learn More
- Our opening event for the 2014-2015 Program Year will feature speaker, Denise Rolark Barnes, publisher of The Washington Informer, the award-winning community newspaper serving the African American community in the Washington metropolitan area. Ms. Rolark Barnes is also executive producer of Washington Informer News, a bi-weekly news program aired on D.C. Public Access Channels 95 and 96. Ms. Rolark Barnes maintains The Washington Informer Charities, a non-profit organization that promotes literacy and sponsors internship opportunities, writing competitions and scholarships for students interested in pursuing careers in journalism.
League Awards will also be presented.
Sat. Sept 27th noon National Press Club 529 14th St NW 13th Floor.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
Join Us - Get Involved Learn More
- When you join the DC League, you also become a member of the National and Regional Leagues.
- Receive regular updates via newsletters and alerts
- Register Voters and Provide Important Voting Information to the community
- Observe and report on government activities
- Build leadership skills by serving as an appointed member of a city board or commission
- Expand your research, writing, and communication skills
- Help plan League-sponsored events
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 Learn More
- The League Takes Action!