Because democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League's goal is to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
Elections Process in D.C. - Local Program Study & Consensus 2013-2015 Learn More
- Elections Process in D.C. Local Program 2013-2015
Action and Advocacy Learn More
- The League at work...
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
Join Us - Get Involved Learn More
- When you join the DC League, you also become a member of the National and Regional Leagues.
- Receive regular updates via newsletters and alerts
- Register Voters and Provide Important Voting Information to the community
- Observe and report on government activities
- Build leadership skills by serving as an appointed member of a city board or commission
- Expand your research, writing, and communication skills
- Help plan League-sponsored events
Recent LWVDC-Education Fund Studies & Reports Learn More
- Learn more about the League's studies and discussion materials
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 Learn More
- The League Takes Action!