Military & Overseas Voting FAQs
If you are a DC resident serving in the US military or living overseas, you can vote in the District of Columbia.
If you are eligible to vote in DC elections and are ...
- active duty military and their dependents
- members of the Coast Guard
- commissioned corps of the U. Public Health Service
- commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric administration
- the Merchant Marine
- civilian citizens of the United States living overseas
The District also allows US citizens who were born overseas the opportunity to vote at the same address where a parent most recently lived in the United States.