The League of Women Voters is a national leader in the areas of voter registration, education, and citizen engagement, and is recognized as the premiere source for nonpartisan election information. In the District of Columbia, we have worked for over 96 years to educate and engage citizens in active and informed participation of DC residents in government. When you become a League Supporter, you will be a part of the work we do year round to promote active citizenship in our local community.
- We produce and distribute nonpartisan, educational materials.
- We help citizens sign up to vote at events across the city every month, every year.
- We promote citizen responsibility in the democratic process.
- We encourage voters to participate civilly in our democratic process.
Year round, we work to fulfill our mission to encourage active and informed participation in government in our city. We need you by our side. As a supporter of the League, you can help provide educational information, voter registration opportunities, and promote civilized discourse on the issues that matter in our city. Becoming a League Supporter is an easy, efficient and tax-deductible way to make a difference in our community all year long.
Give to LWVDC
To donate online, please click on the yellow button.
- Memorial Gifts: If you wish to donate in memory of someone, please write a us note of your intentions under "Special Instructions".
- Give by Mail: If you prefer to give with a check by mail, please send a check to "League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia" and mail to us at League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia; 750 First Street, NE, Suite 800; Washington, DC 20002
- Tax Deductible: Donations to The League of Women Voters® of the District of Columbia, a 501(c)(3) organization, are fully tax deductible.
- Security: We use PayPal for online donations to ensure your credit card information is safe and secure. You may chose to use your PayPal account OR if you do not a Paypal account, you may select "Pay by Credit or Debit Card".
Not a resident of the District of Columbia? Find your local league >>
Thank you for making democracy work!
With your help, we:
- Educate people on the importance of their participation in government, in the political process and, most importantly, in the life of their community.
- Create awareness of what average citizens can do to have an impact on their government.
- Instill in young people and new citizens the knowledge of their role and responsibilities in managing their own government.