Your gift to the Education Fund help us encourage active and informed participation of DC citizens in goverment.
The League of Women Voters is a national leader in the areas of voter registration, education, and engagement, and is recognized as the premiere source for nonpartisan election information. In the District of Columbia, we have worked for over 96 years to educate and engage citizens in active and informed participation of DC residents in government. When you become a League Supporter, you will be a part of the work we do year round to promote active citizenship in our local community.
We produce and distribute nonpartisan, educational materials.
We help citizens sign up to vote at events across the city every month, every year.
We promote citizen responsibility in the democratic process.
We encourage voters to participate civilly in our democratic process.
Year round, we work to fulfill our mission to encourage active and informed participation in government in our city. We need you by our side. As a supporter of the League, you can help provide educational information, voter registration opportunities, and promote civilized discourse on the issues that matter in our city. Becoming a League Supporter is an easy, efficient and tax-deductible way to make a difference in our community all year long.
Please Donate Today
Donations to the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia Education Fund are tax-deductible.
How your money can help:
- $50 League Ally: Buying one package of 25 voter information brochures.
- $100 League Supporter: Supporting three voter registration events in the community.
- $250 League Sustainer: Providing education materials for 200 DC High School students.
- $500 League Champion: Supporting six months of our online voter guide at Vote411.org.
Prefer to support us by mail?
- Write your checks to: The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia Education Fund (LWVDCEF)
- Mail your checks to: LWVDCEF; 1101 15th Street, NW; 11th Floor; Washington, DC 20005
- Please mark "donation" on your check.
Thank you for making democracy work!
With your help, we:
- Educate people on the importance of their participation in government, in the political process and, most importantly, in the life of their community.
- Create awareness of what average citizens can do to have an impact on their government.
- Instill in young people and new citizens the knowledge of their role and responsibilities in managing their own government.
Act today to support a more vibrant, inclusive, and effective DC democracy.