Become a Member Today
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. Join the League of Women Voters, a respected grassroots organization, where individuals like you are actively engaged in creating positive change. Here you can add your voice, along with over 150,000 League members and supporters across the country, in making democracy work.
Join Today Because ...
- You want to help others become informed and active. League members provide DC voters with the information they need to get to the polls and make informed decisions on election days.
- You think government needs a watchdog. Together we can improve transparency and prevent corruption.
- You want to shape policy. Our nonpartisan grassroots membership decides the issues and the positions on which the League will advocate.
- You want to join the discussion. The League is dedicated to making positive changes, and members are invited to public forums and candidate debates
With membership in the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia, you automatically become a member of the League of Women Voters of the National Capital Area and the League of Women Voters of the United States.
- Individual (Basic) Membership: $50
- Household Membership (for up to three people at the same address): $75
- Student Membership: $25
- Sustaining Membership: $150
- Centennial Membership: $200
- Champion Membership: $300
Membership Dues paid on May 1, 2017 or later are tax-deductible.
Who can be a Member
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to anyone 16 years or older.
What Members Do:
- ACT as a force to create positive and lasting change in our communities.
- EMPOWER millions of voters to protect their right to vote.
- EDUCATE DC residents and foster civil dialogue on important issues.
- WORK to ensure that ALL votes are counted.
- FIGHT for DC voting rights and local autonomy.
Since 1920, individuals like you have shaped the issues that impact our communities and our democracy through their connection to the League. Our grassroots, nonpartisan network is one of DC’s most trusted institutions. We keep our communities fair, vibrant, and strong.
Join by Mail
If you would prefer, you may become a new member, or renew your membership by mail.
Please download the membership form and return to:
League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia; 750 First Street, NW, Suite 800; Washington, DC 20002