Join the League of Women Voters, a respected grassroots organization, where individuals like you are actively engaged in creating positive change.
- Individual (Basic) Membership: $50
- Household Membership (for up to three people at the same address): $75
- Student Membership: $25
- Sustaining Membership: $150
- Centennial Membership: $200
- Champion Membership: $300
Sign up Today.
Please note that Membership Dues are not tax-deductible.
Become a Member Today!
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia is the organization where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. Here you can add your voice, along with over 150,000 League members and supporters across the country, in making democracy work.
- Act as a force to create positive and lasting change in our communities.
- Empower millions of voters to protect their right to vote.
- Educate DC residents and foster civil dialogue on important issues.
- Work to ensure that ALL votes are counted.
- Fight for DC voting rights and local autonomy.
Since 1920, individuals like you have shaped the issues that impact our communities and our democracy through their connection to the League. Our grassroots, nonpartisan network is one of DC’s most trusted institutions. We keep our communities fair, vibrant, and strong.
Join Today Because ...
- You want to help others become informed and active. League members provide DC voters with the information they need to get to the polls and make informed decisions on election days.
- You think government needs a watchdog. Together we can improve transparency and prevent corruption.
- You want to shape policy. Our nonpartisan grassroots membership decides the issues and the positions on which the League will advocate.
- You want to join the discussion. The League is dedicated to making positive changes, and members are invited to public forums and candidate debates
Join by Mail
If you would prefer, you may become a new member, or renew your membership by mail.
Please download the membership form and return to:
League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia; 1101 15th Street, NW 11th Floor; Washington DC 20005
Who can join?
Membership in the League of Women Voters is open to anyone 16 years or older.
How much time does it take?
It’s up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What you get with membership?
In addition to supporting the League, being an LWVDC member has many privileges. You can learn about local politics, meet face to face with your local representative, and get invaluable experience in the political arena. In addition, any League member gets to vote on the focus areas of the local, regional, and national Leagues. Therefore, by being a member of a local League you actually get to influence the work of a powerful, national organization.
Stay current with League activities. As a member, you will receive by mail our newsletter, The DC Voter. Archives of the newsletter can be found here. You will also receive email updates, including league news, calls to action, and volunteer opportunities.
In addition, with membership with the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia, you automatically become a member of the League of Women Voters of the National Capital Area and the League of Women Voters of the United States.