Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport:
Pay Attention & Participate!
The League of Women Voters is often voted the most trusted not-for-profit organization in America. It is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League's goal is to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
It's never too early to think about the upcoming primary election. Mark your calendar. Early voting starts March 17th. Election day is Tuesday, April 1.
Watch for the League's Voter Guide coming in February.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
League of Women Voters of D.C. Education Fund (LWVDC-EF) Learn More
- League of Women Voters of D.C. Education Fund (LWVDC-EF)
Where We Stand Learn More
- Positions on governmental issues supported by the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 APPROVED Learn More
- Learn more