Get Ready to Vote
VOTE411.org is Washington DC's resource for Voting.
- your polling location & hours
- online & easy to use
- covering every race in the city
- candidate information
- local ballot measures
We provide unbiased information for the informed voter.
Make a Voting Plan
Studies show that you are more likely to make it to the polls if you actively make a plan to vote. In the hustle and bustle of life, it's easy to get distracted. Make a plan and make certain to vote. After you make your plan, please share it with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter and remind them to vote too.
Your Voting Plan Checklist:
- Mark your calendar. The Primary Election is Tuesday, June 19, 2018. The General Election is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- Confirm your Voter Registration Status. Are you registered to vote? Have you moved or changed your name? Are the city's records accurate? Confirm and Update your Voter Registration here >>
- Voting Early. Early voting is a great way to make certain voting fits with your schedule ... and you will get to avoid those long lines! Early voting begins two weeks before Election Day. Find an early voting location near you >>
- Voting by Mail. Whether you are out of town on election day or just too busy to get to the polls, voting by mail may be a great way to make your voice heard. Apply for an Absentee Ballot >>
- Voting on Election Day. Polls are open from 7am until 8pm. Even if you've voted before, polling locations can change. It's a good idea to make certain you know where you should go to vote before you leave the house. Find your polling location here >>