Your support goes directly to our work in the District of Columbia to protect and defend our democracy. Together we can encourage informed and active participation in government, increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influence public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters is a national leader in the areas of voter registration, education, and citizen engagement, and is recognized as the premiere source for nonpartisan election information. In the District of Columbia, we have worked for over 96 years to educate and engage citizens in active and informed participation of DC residents in government. When you become a League Supporter, you will be a part of the work we do year round to promote active citizenship in our local community.
- We produce and distribute nonpartisan, educational materials.
- We help citizens sign up to vote at events across the city every month, every year.
- We promote citizen responsibility in the democratic process.
- We encourage voters to participate civilly in our democratic process.
Year round, we work to fulfill our mission to encourage active and informed participation in government in our city. We need you by our side. As a supporter of the League, you can help provide educational information, voter registration opportunities, and promote civilized discourse on the issues that matter in our city. Becoming a League Supporter is an easy, efficient and tax-deductible way to make a difference in our community all year long.
Please Donate Today
Not a resident of the District of Columbia? Find your local league >>
The League of Women Voters® of the District of Columbia is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your contribution is fully tax deductible.
“I donate to the League of Women Voters because I want to help voters get access to unbiased information for the elections.”
“I donate to the League of Women Voters because investing in local organizations is one of the best ways to enact change – and one of the most rewarding!”
Thank you for making democracy work!
With your help, we:
- Educate people on the importance of their participation in government, in the political process and, most importantly, in the life of their community.
- Create awareness of what average citizens can do to have an impact on their government.
- Instill in young people and new citizens the knowledge of their role and responsibilities in managing their own government.